- Tamil Nadu has prolonged the prevailing Covid restrictions until January 31.
- Full lockdown shall be imposed within the state on Sunday (January 16).
- All semester examinations earlier slated to start on January 20, have been postponed.
The Tamil Nadu authorities on Monday prolonged the lockdown within the state until January 31 because it introduced different recent Covid restrictions. The event comes after the state recorded 13,990 optimistic circumstances, 11 deaths within the final 24 hours. No new Omicron case was detected throughout Tamil Nadu on Monday.
Here is all you have to know:
- Individuals won’t be allowed everywhere of worship between January 14 and January 18.
- Particular inter-district buses for Pongal will run at 75% capability.
- Evening curfew will stay efficient from 10 pm to five am from Mondays to Saturdays and has been prolonged until January 31.
- A complete lockdown shall be in drive on 16 January (Sunday), whereas important providers shall be exempted.
- All semester examinations within the universities of Tamil Nadu have been postponed. The exams have been scheduled to begin on Jan 20.
- Re-testing isn’t required for discharge from residence isolation or the Covid care facilities.
Sufferers remoted in Covid care facilities or put up in residence isolation will stand to be discharged and finish isolation after not less than seven days from the onset of signs or date of sampling and has no fever for 3 consecutive days, well being officers in Tamil Nadu have mentioned.
Additionally Learn: Tamil Nadu points recent SOPs for Jallikattu fest amid rising Covid circumstances | Particulars